Young Innovators Program (YIP)
Young Innovators Programme is a specially designed programme under Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC). The programme aims to empower future innovators to innovate new products, services or models to meet emerging requirements, unarticulated needs, or existing market needs of the society more effectively through an innovative challenge.Objectives
- Enhancing identified youth with design thinking, collaborative, creative problem solving and leadership skills.
- Empowering and building youth through immersive programmes to Learn, Empathize, Accelerate and Disrupt (LEAD).
- Mentoring them and intensifying networking to build a product or develop a process for showcasing in the Young Innovator’s Challenge.
- Certifying promising innovations and attaching the young innovators to research institutions in related areas with scholarships for one year.
- Tracking these young innovators and linking them to institutions, industries, enterprises and prospective funding agencies.
- Build a strong pool of mentors to identify, assess and track innovations as well as provide young innovators the necessary academic, domain specific as well as psycho-social support necessary through the process.